Looking for a convenient and personalized contact lens exam in Mesquite, TX or Frisco, TX? EyeMax Family Vision fits the latest technology in contact lenses correcting for nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Our optometrists, Dr. Lien Lam and Dr. Robert Li, offer you unsurpassed service when it comes to contact lens fitting and aftercare. The eye doctors can also recommend new options in lenses for treating hard-to-fit eyes, irregular corneas, dry eyes, keratoconus, and other eye disorders. Contact lenses that have therapeutic uses, and contacts for a medical diagnosis are prescribed as well.
A contact lens exam is a comprehensive eye examination that assesses your eyesight and determines if contact lenses are a suitable option for you. It is an essential step in the process of obtaining contact lenses and helps to ensure that you wear lenses that are safe and comfortable.
During a contact lens exam, the optometrist will perform various tests to determine your prescription, assess the health of your eyes, and ensure that your eyes are suitable for wearing contact lenses. Some of the tests and procedures performed during a contact lens exam include:
- Visual acuity test: This test measures your ability to see clearly at different distances.
- Refraction test: This test determines the strength of your glasses or contact lens prescription.
- Corneal topography: This test maps the surface of your cornea to check for any irregularities.
- Slit-lamp examination: This test examines the front part of your eye, including the cornea, iris, and lens, to assess their health.
- Tear film evaluation: This test measures the quantity and quality of your tears to ensure they are sufficient for comfortable contact lens wear.
Based on the results of these tests, our optometrists, Dr. Lam and Dr. Li, will recommend the type of contact lenses that are best suited for your eyes and provide you with the necessary prescription. Our eye care staff in Mesquite and Frisco will also provide you with instructions on how to properly care for your contact lenses and how often you should return for follow-up visits.
Your contact lens exam is a crucial step in the process of obtaining contact lenses and helps to ensure that you wear lenses that are safe, comfortable, and provide the best vision possible. Contact us today to schedule your Mesquite contact lens appointment or to schedule your Frisco contact lens appointment and take the first step towards a better, clearer vision.
Schedule an Online Eye Exam: